MJ Freeway, the industry-leading business software and consulting service provider for the cannabis industry, is seeking a Government Affairs Account Manager to join our Denver team. MJ Freeway is growing quickly in a fast-paced, nascent industry. This full-time position will manage and nurture relationships with MJ Freeway regulatory agency clients. Weâre a high-performance team seeking a candidate who is self-motivated, innovative, and dedicated to giving our team and clients the very best.
You will be a key member of our team with responsibility for the following:
The Government Affairs Account Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of MJ Freewayâs clients. It is the Government Affairs Account Managerâs responsibility to ensure clients feel their needs are being met. Further responsibilities include:
- Point of contact internally for the clients to create long term relationships and understand the clientsâ demands. Plan to meet these demands and generate/identify more sales potential in our current client base.
- Serve as the interface between client services (support, billing, etc.) and the regulatory systems team.
- Identify upselling opportunities and is the liaison between Regulatory Systems and the client for upgrades, upselling, change orders, etc.
- General relationship management for every client account.
- Facilitate client with technical assistance by being the liaison between the client and technical support for issues that need managing.
- The Client Relationship Liaison will work closely with the regulatory systems team to ensure that it is clear what products or services the client has purchased, that those products and services fit the client's needs and that the client understands the value of our products and services used.
- Manage and solve concerns clients may bring to light.
- Gather and use the data from every interaction with clients to move the regulatory systems team out of reactive mode and into far more effective proactive stances.
- Participation in technology product design to create the tools that your clients need.
- Develop strategic relationships with policymakers to enhance MJ Freewayâs partnerships and assist in shaping public policy initiatives that support our business.
- Develop and shape regulatory policies and strategies through relevant coalitions and issue advocacy campaigns.
- Travel 25-50% to multi-state locations.
- Government or regulatory agency experience
- Customer service focused, customer advocate, relationship builder
- Exceptional public speaking skills, with significant experience addressing legislatures, media and special interest groups
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others; confident yet approachable
- Strong writing, problem solving, decision making, conflict management, and research skills
- The ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to work multiple high priority tasks and projects under tight deadlines
- Handle sensitive information and data appropriately
Prior account management experience
Prior government, military, or regulatory agency experience
Must reside in Denver, Colorado.
Job Type: Full-time
- Government Relations: 2 years
- Account Management: 2 years
How to apply
Sound like the place for you? Please submit your cover letter telling us why we can’t live without you, your resume and your salary/commission expectations to [email protected]