Oasis Biotech llc (OBT) is a U.S. company dedicated to manufacturing, R&D, and commercialization of technologies for controlled-environment agriculture, offering solutions in LED grow lights, vertical farm equipment and products. The company is backed by SANAN Optoelectronics, the world leader in LED chip technology and a multinational enterprise pioneering in the R&D of photo-biotechnology, an owner and operator of a 70,000 ft2 commercial vertical farm facility in China. The company is currently planning to expand its business into Las Vegas area to provide local customers fresh and healthy produces by using its state-of-the art vertical farm technologies.
Job Description Summary:
OBT looking for teammates who love a CHALLENGE, who love to LEARN new things, who are INSPIRED by failure, and who go ABOVE AND BEYOND their responsibilities for the sake of their team.
The Master Grower will work as part of a team launching a new indoor farm in the Las Vegas area. Grower will assist in daily operations and all aspects of planning, execution, and management; will oversee and manage research; and will support the founders in all business tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist executive staff to manage an indoor vertical farm, with a wide array of irrigation, fertilizer, media, cultivars, pest management, and lighting techniques implemented in crop producing grow rooms and/or within laboratory experiments. Knowledgeable and familiar with multi zone, computer controlled climate systems, and hydroponic NFT systems a plus.
- Create and modify cultivation SOPs, to include nutrient regiments for hydroponic NFT systems. Knowledgeable of nutrient overdose effects on total nutrient absorption, disease, fungus, algal, and pest identification under microscope with experience in best practice management a plus.
- Assist executive staff to oversee and manage basic and complex experimental seeding, transplanting, and harvesting procedures for different cultivars with consistency in quality and quantity, measurable by specific testing patterns and procedures in-house and with third party consultants.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment at all times.
- Perform daily water testing and obtain nutrient solutions and plant tissue samples for shipping to laboratories for analysis. Must be able to identify nutrient deficiencies in plant tissue physiology by look, feel, or touch with reference materials as back-up.
- Quantify and qualify data that is produced from computer CEA systems, special sensors, and monitoring laboratory equipment.
- Maintain accurate daily activity records and operation logs as directed while assisting in the drafting of the companies Operating Manual.
- Assist executive staff with daily sanitation and organization of all equipment present within the facility.
- Communicate effectively.
- Conduct minor facility maintenance and trouble-shooting experiments as necessary.
- Support executive staff to determine staffing needs, recruiting and hiring process.
- Assist executive staff in the responsibility of managing product quality based on plant tissue and nutritional analysis conducted either in-house or by third party consultants.
- Support executive staff to obtain and manage GAP and GHP certification with USDA along with any other certification identified by the Client as requested to support product purchases.
- Bachelorâs Degree, Master Grower Certification, and/or other educational and field experience related to the horticultural Industry related to plant physiology, plant biology, or other agricultural fields of study.
- Minimum of (3) years managing a grow facility in laboratory experimentation, commercial crop production, or in an educational format to promote horticultural studies.
- Knowledge of Horticulture equipment and hydroponic irrigation systems.
- Capable of performing routine management and able to make equipment repair or notify proper personnel when unable to.
- Proficient with Google Docs and/or Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to plan ahead, trouble-shoot, anticipate problems, and problem solve.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at a time.
- Ability to learn new technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Ebb & Flow, Deep Water Culture, and NFT growing methods.
- Extensive knowledge of nutrients and plant science a must!
- Experience farming/growing in a controlled environment related to indoor vertical farming techniques will be a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
How to apply