Spherex is a fast growing company in the Marijuana Extraction industry! We are currently hiring for a Production Engineer to join our team!
This position will work 12 hour shifts Friday - Sunday and one 4 hour shift during the week. Our Production Engineer is responsible for management, operation and maintenance of large scale supercritical fluid extraction and refinement processes for cannabis.
Responsibilities of the Production Engineer include:
- Operating and maintaining and repairing extraction and ancillary equipment including chillers, heaters, air compressors and pneumatic systems.
- Basic computer operation and troubleshooting.
- Grinding and loading 25kg batches of raw cannabis/material.
- Setting and maintaining run parameters for 5 to 12-hour run(s).
- Maintain optimal operating conditions during run.
- Diagnose and fix problems related to the extraction process and equipment as they arrive.
- Document all process variables and continually evaluate and improve processes.
- Generate Batch reports, and statistical batch to batch data.
- Support manufacturing with production related matters including scheduling and day to day troubleshooting.
- Develop and execute validation protocols.
- Improve process.
- Create and participate in environment of continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance to standards and conduct audits on the machines and the yields received.
- Identify ways to reduce production costs through recommendation of new process equipment and justification to improve process performance.
- Identify and implement appropriate manufacturing methods.
- Develop and manage work instructions, workmanship standards, process documents, and ensure compliance.
- Continuously improve the existing operation for increased quality, productivity, efficiency, and cost reduction.
- Investigate, report, and recommend solutions to operational problems affecting production
- Provide manufacturing data (i.e. production control charts, reliability, process capability) to improve the process.
- Monitor, measure, and report project progress to target yields.
- Organize meetings with other team members to facilitate growth and development.
- Liaisons with suppliers on manufacturing processes and continually seeks improvements.
- 4 Year Degree in Engineering with a focus in Mechanical, Industrial or Chemistry.
- 3+ experience in a professional and / or scientific work environment.
- 2+ Years in the regulated marijuana industry.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends to complete critical tasks as needed.
- Willing ness to travel as needed up to 10% annually.
- Ability to manage a team of people; experience in management.
- Colorado driverâs license or State ID card.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must obtain and retain a state-issued MED a key badge.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Delegate responsibilities effectively.
- Must consent to and successfully pass background check.
- Ability to work independently, manage projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
This is a full-time position that is eligible for Paid Time Off! Qualified applicants please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements via Indeed!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Professional/Scientific Environment: 3 years
- Marijuana Industry: 2 years
Required license or certification:
How to apply