We are looking for a person with a great attitude â with âChampionship Thinking.â Help us push the envelope and become better growers.
Enthusiasm is a plus - Bring an energy that often inspires others.
Goal Focused â Letâs do it together. Have clarity in the objectives you strive for in your professional life.
Attentive Listener â Be empathetic and allow others to be heard.
Always Persistent â Ability to press on despite challenges.
Self-Aware â Understand who you are, including your skills, values, interests and character, and how you can help others
The Metrolina Growing department wants you !
Responsibilities and Duties
- Able to understand and carry out daily assignments and priorities from the grower and other team members.
- Learn and accurately identify irrigation needs of various crops and carry out watering as needed.
- Knowledge of irrigation systems.
- Apply chemical pesticide applications and growth regulators as directed by the grower and in accordance with OSHA and company safety procedures.
- Daily assessment of crops to identify any disease, insect problem or abnormalities. Issues must be reported to the other team members.
- Work with growers and the rest of our great team to identify new ways to improve processes in the areas of logistics, placement, etc. Test and document new methods.
- Care and upkeep of the physical greenhouse, including walkways and work areas each day.
- Support other departments and managers. Working as a team to accomplish a common goal will bring you closer to all and help us achieve our goals.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in horticulture or related field OR plant/greenhouse experience is required
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Flexible work schedule; overtime and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs repeatedly
So are you ready for a challenging and rewarding career? Apply now!
This is a full-time position with Metrolina Greenhouses. Starting pay is $12-16 per hour, depending on experience and other qualifications. Great company offering excellent benefits including company paid medical, dental, life insurance, 401k, bonus programs and much more!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $16.00 /hour
- horticulture or greenhouse: 1 year
How to apply